Disclaimer

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Peace Corps, Rotary, or any other organization to which I am affiliated.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

PACKAGES!!!!!!!

So first, allow me to apologize to all of you who have asked me on more than one occasion if I have received your package and I said no...mainly Jessica.  And also sorry to Burkina for always blaming the fact that I have not gotten my packages on your slow mail system.  (Although, I do not speak without reason that things do at times move at a snails pace.)  In fact, I have received packages, I even got a surprise package from my church...I just didn't know it.  Let me explain.

When I was a peace corps volunteer the first time I just had all of my mail come straight to the closest post office to my site.  The Peace Corps office was like 8 hours away from me and I rarely went to the capital to do things so I wanted to make sure I always got my mail and not just every 3 months or so after it piled up for a while.  This time around since my stay is shorter and I did not originally have someone to split the costs of opening a mailbox with, plus the capital is no longer 8 hours away, I decided to just have mail go to the volunteer mailboxes.  Well, every time I checked my little cubby hole, it didn't have any notes saying I had a package, nor were their packages in the cubby...so how was I supposed to know that they were there?!  Apparently there is some nifty organized list system and the packages are kept locked in a room.  When you check the list, you may then go into the locked area and retrieve your packages.  To say the least, I am now rolling in packages because I got them all at the same time...YAY!  And also found out that it looks like the mail time for packages averages about 3-4 weeks.  So it is not too bad.

I must say I am stoked!  I have hair conditioner, kool aid, books, granola, really good seasoning, and a potato peeler, just to name a few of the things.  Thanks everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment