Disclaimer

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Peace Corps, Rotary, or any other organization to which I am affiliated.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A New Chapter Begins- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar to India


Thank you to the Rotarians who made this opportunity possible to explore, share, and learn with and from the people and culture of India.  I will be studying for 2 semesters in the field of Social Work in southern India.  As I continue to learn about myself and the many people of God’s creation, I will continue to share my experiences and stories through this medium.  It is my prayer that this experience can be enriching and fulfilling for both the people of India as well as people at home in the USA, and any of my friends worldwide.

As part of my responsibility to the scholarship I am required to share my experience with people both at home and in India.  I hope that this blog will begin to give some background as I experience things and will help to structure the conversations I have once I am home.  Please feel free to ask hard questions, as I will be thinking critically about my place in this world and how we are connected and disconnected as human beings.  I look forward to sharing with each of you as I continue to become a great citizen of this planet Earth.   

Thank you again to Rotary District 7600 and the Bon Air Club for sponsoring as well as District 3220 in India for hosting me.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment