Disclaimer

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Peace Corps, Rotary, or any other organization to which I am affiliated.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

First 24 Hours and I am already meeting celebs: Wilfrid Wilkinson and Kalya Banerjee


To the Rotarians worldwide, I am sure that the name rings bells.   Can you imagine that I was only in the country for under 24 hours and not only did I get to attend a district-wide meeting, I was honored to hear speeches from both  Wilfrid Wilkinson, current Rotary Foundation Chair, and also  Kalya Banerjee, past Rotary International President.  To those who do not know, it is through the generous contributions and dedication of my sponsoring District 7600 to the Rotary Foundation that I am blessed to have this Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to study abroad.  So being able to attend a meeting with the Foundation Chair and also the past Rotary International President it was indeed quite a treat.  It is Rotary International and the Foundation that connects Rotarians worldwide.  It was quite encouraging hearing from the District Governor, Raja Seenivasan of 3230 and all of the wonderful initiatives they are working on here in Chennai and for their contributions to the Rotary Foundation.  The level of commitment, and dedication to the Happy Villages project, their district giving, and also membership increases is reassuring that I was assigned to this great district as my host.  I look forward to the time I will spend getting to share in projects, activities, and meetings.  Thank you for your hospitality to the Rotary Foundation and Rotarians worldwide.  I extend a special thanks to District 7600 and the Bonair Club that is sponsoring me without your contributions this opprotunity would not be possible, and a warm welcome and thank you to District 3230 that is hosting me.  It has indeed been a delight in such a short time J.

Yes, that is me, stealing my way into the picture…hahaha…at first I didn’t know who he was…keep in mind it took me 4 days to get here with lots of plane cancelations…and jetlag.  And once I did realize who I was looking at, I definitely wouldn’t miss my photo op J, even if he was posing for another camera J.  

No comments:

Post a Comment